Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Eat!

So, I didn't make this in bed but I did make it- with help from Bubba. We took it to Easter at a friend's house and everyone seemed to enjoy it! We had a great time and got to experience a very different Easter filled with 9 kids and 17 adults! Wowza! They are such a nice family and we are able to blend right in. Well Bubba is- I don't blend so well anymore...


Green Goddess Pasta Salad (Really Barefoot Contessa's Pasta, Pesto and Peas- but that's a boring name)

Barilla Campanelli Pasta (1 box)
1/4 c olive oil
1 1/2 c pesto
1 pkg frozen chopped spinach (defrosted and squeezed dry)
juice from 1/2 lemon
1 1 /4 c mayo
1/2 c fresh grated parm
1 1/2 c frozen peas (defrosted)
1/3 c pine nuts

salt, black pepper, and garlic salt to taste

Cook pasta till al dente, drain and toss with the olive oil. Let cool.
In a food processor puree pesto, spinach, lemon juice and mayo. Add to cooled pasta along with the parm, peas, pinenuts and seasonings. Toss to coat.

*I'm not big into measuring but I'm pretty sure I do more parm and pine nuts - I also toss it with more olive oil and lemon juice at the end- if making it ahead of time.... Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment