Monday, May 24, 2010

I will blog again

I swear I will blog again...soon.

I'm just starting to find my groove and once I'm more settled I intend to blog more regularly. I hate when people abandon their blogs and I am going to try my darnedest not to!

I will write a more in depth birth story but for now here goes:

I went into L&D on May 7th in the afternoon- I steadily dilated without pain to about 8-9cm. I stalled a bit at that point so I had pitocin at around 8 o'clock that night- I was wheeled to the OR and began pushing. 3 hours later Oliver (5lb 13 oz) was born followed by an easy 4 pushes for Harrison (6Lb)!
They were born just before midnight and almost didn't have the same birthday! We made it by 4 minutes!

My mom and husband were my coaches and they were amazing. We have since settled in at home and am slowly figuring everything out. They certainly have very distinct little personalities!

2 comments:

  1. I was so honored to be asked to be in delivery with you and Brian but I was a little nervous too. Well, I can only "thank you" for the amazing opportunity to see my grandsons as they entered our lives. You and Brian worked so well together. I couldn't believe your strength and focus!! What lucky little boys Harrison & Oliver are to call the two of you "mom" & "dad"......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine Marie5/25/10, 8:29 AM

    Congratulations x 2 ♥♥

    ReplyDelete