Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's been one year...



Since I was put on bedrest. I had spent the week before up in Rhinelander. My sister had just given birth to Ashlynn. I was feeling great, toting Adrian back and forth and enjoying my time with the little man and the new Ashlynn.
On my drive back I was feeling tired and had some pressure. I just figured I had done too much and would rest. I went to my appointment and asked to have my cervix checked. Later that night I got a call to go into Labor and Delivery because I was shortened and funneling.

It was so scary, thinking I might lose my babies. Brian was freaked out but acting strong. The next morning the Periantologist came in and checked me. She and my OB agreed to put me on bedrest. I am such a busy body- this was a death sentence to me!

We drove home and I felt doomed. Brian quickly situated the living room to my liking, brought me food and water and told me not to move. He then went back to work. I had never felt more alone in my life! I was getting really down on myself. A major turning point for me was to paste ultrasound pictures of the boys up on the wall next to me. Then whenever I was feeling angry I would look at them and remember why I had to do this.

My bedrest survival kit included these items:

laptop computer (bedrest message board)
Wii (donkey kong)
Word searches
Netflix (mad men and big love)
Cadburry cream eggs
Handheld shaver
Nail file
Hair brush
Face wipes
Body pillows
Nice lotions
Lip gloss
cell phone (lots of calls to mom)
Notecards (to write thank-yous)

I know look back on bedrest fondly, it was just me and these little men. All my focus was on them and Don Draper. Although I was pent up with so much anxiety I feel like at the same time I had never been more at peace, I was doing exactly what I was supposed to be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment