Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Adjusting...

Putting a photo into this post just seems like too much work this morning!
I was up most of the night, rolling over has become incredibly uncomfortable, I'm a million degrees and I'm crazy thirsty- but the more I drink the more I have to get up to pee! ARGH! :)

I now wake up with anxiety about having two newborns, our lives are going to change to drastically. Bri and I really are each others best friend- we love just being with each other. He was prepping the gardens this week-end and I watched from my new "bedrest nest" on the deck. I remember being in the garden with him last year and us flirting like we had just met while we spread chicken poop... I hope the passion will still be there when it's spit up, green poop and crying babies.

We're a young couple, and by the time we have sex again it will be almost a year (More like 8 1/2 months- but who's keeping track?)! I say this because if you would have told us to take a 1 year sex hiatus we would have called you crazy. Yet, here we are, terrified to do anything that could disrupt our little men. Frankly seeing your vagina on ultrasound every other week and knowing there is a wimpy 2 cm between it and your babies head is enough to make you go "uh, no thanks."

It's amazing how much your focus can shift. I hope that in time once we become a little more settled with the babies that we will once again make each other and our marriage our priority.

UPDATES:
Had my last appt with Dr. Steele and Stacy...it was bittersweet. The boys looked great! They were measuring 4lb 9oz and 4lb 12oz. They also have rather large heads which is a little intimidating! eeek... I still had 2 cm left of good cervix so I am now able to resume as much activity as I am comfortable with, which to be honest is not that much! We loved/love Dr. Steele and Stacy- we really looked forward to our appointments with them. There are people in the world that you just mesh with and they were those people. So, being released from their care was hard- I haven't really been an emotional prego lady but when we walked out of their office, I did cry (even though I told Stacy at that appt that I don't cry I just get pissed!- which is obviously a lie).
It was mainly the fact that we wouldn't be seeing two people that we genuinely admired and enjoyed and it was also closing another chapter. For 10 weeks I depended on them for the "good news" and the reinforcement of positive vibes to "keep gestating!"




No comments:

Post a Comment