Friday, August 20, 2010

Balance


I am now an acrobat. Somedays my performances are flawless, others deserve rotten tomatoes, but at the end of the day as long as we're clean and fed, I consider it a good day. I wake up everyday with the knowledge that I may not get one non baby related thing done but most days I do.
I am so lucky to have a very capable husband that knows his way around the laundry room, kitchen and dirty diapers. Frankly I wouldn't have married any man that didn't! Together our days go splendidly and when he's not here I miss him like crazy. He's also been great about getting me out of the house. I've been able to catch movies, get my hair done, go out to dinner, etc and never worry how they boys were.

Here are some of my twin mom survival tips: (Take 'em for what they're worth!)

Shower and get dressed everyday.
Make friends with your dishwasher.
Thank the lord for the inventor of the washing machine.
Playmats are awesome.
Go for walks.
When you need a boost- take the babies out of the house- people oooooing and aahhhing over your wee ones is an instant pick me up.
Buy jeans that fit and flatter your post baby body- you deserve it.
and above all LAUGH!

These last couple of days I've been dealing with a broken car, an unexpected vet visit, teething babies, a cold or allergies, aunt flo, and an equally exhausted husband. I actually caught myself just frowning. When I make an effort to smile and laugh things are so much more enjoyable!


1 comment:

  1. You are such an entertaining author. Your insight into the daily grind of parenthood is so refreshing. I love the picture but the next one should be Bubba & the Boys!!

    ReplyDelete