Monday, August 16, 2010

Door County


Bri and I woke up this morning and decided it was the perfect day to go to Door County. Ever since we've moved to Green Bay we have gone to Door County a ton every summer. We hadn't gotten there yet this summer. It was mostly sunny and in the mid 70's..perfect!

We drove up and stopped at Fish Creek. I wore Harrison in a sling and Bri wore Oliver in the Bjorn so we were able to get in and out of the stores. They all have so many stairs so this worked best. Later we went back to the car, did diaper changes, put them in the stroller and went for a walk along the water. A nice young guy offered to take a picture of the whole gang- he loved the boys hats....

Then we got brave and went to Copper Corner to eat. Of course it was on the second story so we hauled the car seats up there. A lot of people stopped to see the boys and they were charmers! Our food came and they went to sleep- it was perfect... we were able to sit back and really enjoy our meals. The restaurant was beautiful it was all open, with a covered deck and a large fountain wall...really unique.

I also got some shopping in picked up some fudge, Mik Wright coasters and some new earrings from my favorite jewelry store.

Last year we went up to Door County with my parents and I kept trying to find fudge, well it never happened, so I picked up some chocolate covered cherries. Well on the ride home I saw a sign that said fudge. With my mouth full of half chewed chocolate covered cherries I exclaimed, "FUUUUUDDDDDGGGGEEEEE"

Not my finest moment. My parents and Brian laughed till they peed their pants and I discreetly wiped chocolate drool from my chin....

1 comment:

  1. I remember it well! You weren't even pregnant then!! So funny. Dad & I have laughed about it often. I love the picture!!

    ReplyDelete