Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Oh Happy Day!


29 weeks!!! (Outside with sun!!!)

Yesterday's appointment was perfect. My cervix stayed stable, 2.5 cm with pressure. Oliver weighs 3.1lbs, Harrison weighs 3.6 lbs, Harrison's kidneys are looking better and they are both head down!!! (They also have hair- which the tech and dr. said they hardly see on 29 wk babies- it must have been all the Ben and Jerry's)

After all the great news Dr. Steele decided to put me on modified bedrest. So I can now get up a couple times a day and I can also sit upright more often. This of course all gets taken away if I get a positive ffn on Monday so I will be calling for extra strong vibes that day.

Bri and I went to Sonic after the appointment to celebrate with lime-ades- oh so good. He spent most of the week-end getting the house ready and it looks amazing!

When I was outside for that picture yesterday, I wandered over to my strawberry patch and it's all coming up green and already shooting off runners. When I planted it last year, I thought about when we would have babies, there would be cloth diapers sunning on the clothesline and I would be wearing the baby in a sling while I plucked strawberries and gathered them into my apron....
The more realistic dream is more like this- there will still be cloth diapers on the clothesline, but most likely Annie and Mabes will be playing tug-a-war with some as they steal them from the basket, and now instead of wearing one baby- I will be trying to soothe two while I shove strawberries into my mouth before the birds crap on them....

I don't want to get all sappy on you guys but- I really do believe all the vibes, thoughts, prayers and extra calories you have sent my way has done these babies good!!! I can't thank you enough. Dr. Steele said a good short term goal is 32 weeks, then 35, and finally 37.

I think we finally know why we were blessed with twins too- I was reading "Conceive" magazine and it said if you laugh a lot you are more fertile. We just happen to laugh a ton! I mentioned this to Dr. Steele and she said that in medical school she learned that if you have lots of sex that helps too. Needless to say, Bri was all shades of red and the ladies thoroughly enjoyed razzing him.

Enjoy the sunshine!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't this exciting! I will have the wheel chair in the van and we'll tear up the town!! Just kidding! We have to take it easy. I can only imagine the merchants that are going to be thrilled to see you! We can even go out to dinner if you are up to it!! Yippeeee! It's amazing how this GREAT news has affected me....I might actually dust my office today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing, Angie. So happy. And I am oh, so happy for you and Brian. All good things are coming your way. And you deserve them all!
    KMW

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful and I am so happy the appt went well. I don't know, but I'm starting to think those little boys might decide to stay in for the full course! I had no idea you couldn't sit upright!! I TRULY thought you were propped up in bed upright and comfortable!!! You really are a trooper, you could have complained and still been justified! :)

    ReplyDelete