Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Rollercoaster


(The sunset over the Bay, a view we hope to have again)

I'm sure all pregnancies are an emotional rollercoaster. I guess I wasn't prepared for it.
Just finding out you're pregnant is life changing...for us we were shocked and so excited that it happened!
Then we went for out first appointment at 7 weeks and found out it was twins. Holy Cow!
I, of course got every book I could find at the library and started reading. Many nights were spent crying and bundled up with anxiety and fear of vanishing twin. Then of course I started spotting. One day the spotting was so bad I though for sure something had gone horribly wrong.
Then we passed the monumental 12 week mark- ah relief- until I read that the rate of miscarriage is higher in twins and doesn't really go down until after 20 weeks. At 16 weeks we were told with 80% accuracy that we had a boy and a girl! Perfect! I of course went on a shopping spree and got the cutest things!
18 weeks- it's actually 2 boys! At first I was little heartbroken, what happened to my baby girl? Then I quickly got over it and decided to move on. That was until I went to return all the little dresses, headbands, shoes and most noteably the pink bird sheets that I loved! The Target return lady was mean to me and once I got to the car I just started bawling. Over the next couple of days I started to realize all the benefits of having two boys and now I can't imagine it any other way.
Ok, so 20 weeks now- whoa! I must say week 20-23 was great! I was pretty worry free, uncomfortable but happy!
Then week 23 happened and we all know the story...
Now at 30 weeks, and another negative ffn under my belt, I'm starting to feel really good! I might get to have the natural birth I really wanted and I may not have preemies. Heck- I might even be succesful at breastfeeding- because really at this point I'm pretty damn determined! ;)

Thank you all for taking the ride with me, hopefully things will just coast from now on.

3 comments:

  1. Here's to a smooth ride from now until delivery day, Kiddo! Wishing you all the joy that comes with becoming a MOM! You will love it! The rollercoaster ride is not over tho, and that is half the fun of it. So, buckle up enjoy the ride!
    KMW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the rollercoaster hasn't come to a full stop yet. But hey, you probably can stop reaching for the panic button 'cause it sounds like everything is perking along really well now. I'm glad - and look forward to more of these positive updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I feel much more "settled"

    ReplyDelete