Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A year ago...

{Mabelle and Annabelle}

The little one on the right joined our family....and is now 3 times the size of the one on the left! Not to mention 300 times the trouble!

The 500+ bulbs that Bubba and I planted on a cold and rainy Fall day made their appearance- thank the Lord!


These little bunnies were discovered nesting among some forsythia in the backyard. The way they were discovered involved Mabelle digging and pulling one out (ultimately killing it). It was a horrible day as I bundled the bunny up and drove as fast as I could to the Humane Society. They were closed so I did what any crazy, bawling woman would do- I banged on the doors like crazy, only to have them tell me it was dead.
But...because that happened we were able to save the other 6 by taking them to the Wildlife Sanctuary where they wouldn't be disturbed. There really isn't anything sweeter than pulling bunnies out, all soft and warm, only to find more hiding underneath.


This year, as Spring fever settles in we are awaiting the biggest change to our lives yet- our two babies! They have become extremely active lately, making their presence known 24/7. Bubs and I will often just sit and watch my belly go crazy and talk about how surreal it will be when they are "outside" babies.
Update: My cervix has stayed stable even with the increase in activity and both of the boys look great!

2 comments:

  1. That's one thing about bulbs---they can be relied upon to come up. However, not always the colors you plan. I planted 60 black (deep purple) tulips bulbs along our fence at the condo and in the spring they came up pink and white...Oh well, mislabeled and on sale.

    That pic of the dogs is just adorable. I still have guilt for stepping on Annabelle's tail....does this mean I'm not allowed near the babies? :)

    I love that this pregnancy has turned around...you are doing great and I'm so happy for you and Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie,Karie Green here at buds,thinking of you and praying for you! We are so excited to meet your boys!But we are happy to wait for them to keep growing!! Also , so looking forward to when you are ready to come to design with us!! I agree with how fun it is to wonder how your babies will look ,what their personalities are,who they will become?!Truth is ,even when you have them beside you, you just keep wondering about their dear little lives!! Ah, what a journey,day by day,moment by moment!! All our love to you ,your hubby and the boys!!!

    ReplyDelete