Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ahhh Sleep...

One would think that being on bedrest would mean getting lots of rest, ie sleep. This has not been the case the last couple of days.

I have switched sides of the bed with Bri, used both body pillows, one, none,etc....
Nothing helps! I am wide awake most of the night. The most ironic part is that it would seem that I can fall asleep when on my right side- also known as the side I am not supposed to sleep on!
Argh...so for the last couple of days I have slept on average 3 hours a night and been wide awake a 5am. This is not cool.

Today, has been rather fun, the boys have been moving like crazy! My tummy looks like a popcorn popper!
I've been thinking a lot lately about the reality of having these babies. I cannot wait to spend a day in Door County with them, go for walks around the neighborhood, pick up goodies at the farmers market and well a ton of other things!!!

I guess being a mom is not really something I envisioned myself as because- that's my mom, not me. I wanted babies for awhile but was really concerned about affording them. Everyone said, "If you wait till everything is perfect you will never have kids." Here we are expecting twins, and losing half of our income (thank you cervix) and you know what? You do figure it out, sure it's as scary as a double headed rat, but you make do (because you have to).

Wow- sorry for the rambling...


1 comment:

  1. I never get tired of your rambling!!!! I don't think anyone else does either :)

    ReplyDelete