Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wooohooo!!!!

Went to the peri today and it was awesome!

They did a fetal fibronectin test that gives you your chances of delivering within 2 weeks. There's a protein in your uterus that acts as the glue during pregnancy and as a women nears her due date the protein becomes present in her va-j-j. A negative result means there is less than a 3% chance of delivery within 2 weeks. I will get the results from that test this afternoon.

Dr. Steele answered all of my questions, throroughly- she was so great!

They also did a cervical scan and my cervix is now measuring 3.32!!!!! Up from 2.4. She said that is a rather normal looking cervix, although there is still some funneling when pressure is applied, so although normal, it's a little "weak." But the good news is that I can get up every once in awhile and I am also allowed to sit upright more often! I'll take it! I hugged Dr. Steele when she said I could sit at the sewing machine a limited amount!

I also got the results from my glucose test and I'm all good!!! Normal levels are 70-140 and I was a mere 85- YESSSSS!

So, all is good today! I have a growth ultrasound on the 22nd with the peri, where she will take a close look at both the babies and check Harrison's kidney again.

1 comment:

  1. Angie,
    So happy to here the apointment went well and that you got all of your questions answeared. My mom had an apointment with the nutritionist today and I went along. We talked alot about feeling neauseus for both of us and got a few pointers plus some anti-neausea meds for Mom. Dad watched the store this afternoon so Mom and I could both take a nap, he is so funny. Well let me know the results of the test, even though I know it will be fine.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete