Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Big day!


We'll get to the above image shortly but first I wanted to fill you in on yesterdays appointments...they sucked.

I went in for the glucose test and although the drink didn't taste bad I started getting really hot and sweaty, and dizzy with 15 minutes of drinking it. I got a nurse and was able to lay down and then started to feel better.
I then went back at 4:45 for my follow up and whoops! They gave me the test too early...they prefer to do it at 26 weeks. (not happy) So I requested they send this one in anyway and then we'll go from there. Other than that I didn't really learn much at this appointment except that Harrison flipped again and is now feet down. Let's just hope he stops using my cervix as a trampoline-otherwise I will be unloading copious amounts of guilt on him for the rest of his life. ;) I am very excited about the peri appointment tomorrow.

Oooo and I am sporting some different kinds of thigh highs this Valentine's Day- anti embolism hose...after struggling for about a half hour to get them on, I'm still convinced they are on wrong but they feel pretty ok. For what these cost I could have got a rather sassy ensemble...oh well.

Bubs made Rachel Ray's sloppy veg head for dinner and it was great! He also painted my toenails and decided that if times get really tough he might open a beauty parlor (there was absolutely no sarcasm in there-yeah right). Brian dropped off some files for work yesterday and returned with a card from one of my favorite customers. It was the sweetest card and she included some moola to "help pass the time." I was so suprised and will miss getting to see and talk with such thoughtful and caring people.

So back to the picture- I cracked and signed up for Netflix- first on the list is Mad Men. This show is so up my alley- the clothes, the sexism, the ad world...everything! In the first episode the new secretary goes into the doctor (who smokes during her appointment) to get some contraceptive. He agrees but warns her about becoming the town pump, and that easy women don't make good wives....ah how I wish I was still in Feminist Theory now!

Bedrest is alot easier when you feel like you're in a snowglobe...please be safe when you're out and about in it...

2 comments:

  1. Great post Angie! Wow, Brian is going above and beyond! I had to laugh at the line about sexism being right up your alley! :) I know what you meant though.

    Good for you...you really seem to be settling into the idea that the postitive about bedrest is --movies...all day long! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love MADMEN and hopefully I will get season 3 (which I missed) on NETFLIX. sometime in March!

    ReplyDelete