Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Love


Bubba and I have been together for nearly 7 years now. I referred to him as "quiet,shy boy" the entire time I was crushing on him. When he finally gave in to my wicked ways, that was it- we knew we had something special. Our life together has been a blessed one, we have been extremely lucky. The news of the twins was the first "real" surprise we've had!

Looking at this picture, I would have never imagined how much we would grow. At the appointment yesterday, the tech asked how we took the news of twins. I explained to her that once we found out we could not imagine it any other way. I would be terrified of having twins if I did not have that man by my side. He's the guy that makes me laugh, rubs my feet and makes me brownies! He is a constant, there is no ups and downs of emotions with Bubba- just steady and optimistic. Sure, this is also the thing that drives me crazy about him! ;) But it's also the way we balance one another.

These reflections on our marriage are stemming from a magazine article I read about the high incidence of divorce among parents of multiples...not going to happen!

And that beautiful woman in the first picture that's my "twin" (really my older sister). She just had a baby girl a couple of weeks ago and is an inspiration of strength and courage. She has a little guy at home and really wanted another baby, it wasn't an easy ride for them but she never got discouraged and now she has the most darling little peanut!

3 comments:

  1. Angie,
    There is something to be said for highschool sweethearts. I feel the same way about Eric that you feel about Brian and I couldn't be happier for you. Brian is such a great guy and the two of you are going to make fantastic parents.

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so beautiful and happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for that, I got tears! Love you and can't wait to see Sunday. By the way your page is so pretty.

    your sis

    ReplyDelete