Thursday, February 4, 2010

First Letter to the Twins

Dear Baby A and Baby B ( 7 weeks)

Wow! What a shock you gave us today. Your dad and I were just having our first visit to make sure everything was going ok. We were worried about the problems there may be and we just wanted to hear your heartbeats and see you all cozy.
The ultrasound technician called us back. She put the goo on my belly and I stared anxiously at the screen- I didn't see a thing! I began to worry that you weren't really there and I had made everything up.
The tech then asked, "Do twins run in your family?" Nope- none at all.* "Well they do now!"
I said "no freakin way" about a million times before it finally sank in that there were two of you! Even as I write this I can't believe your hearts are beating inside of me. Your dad simply said, "Ah, two of us, two of them- no biggie."
So, here we are- planning for your arrival. Daycare or no? Disposables or cloth? Breast milk or formula? etc... But you know what- I just can't wait to hold you two in my arms!

Love,
Mommy

*We are actually unsure of our family history, as my mom is adopted. This was the furthest thing from my mind at the time of the ultrasound. Our twins are in separate sacs and have seperate placentas. They can however still be identical, only a blood test done after birth can tell us for sure.

4 comments:

  1. I love Brian's comment! What a guy...it's a nice contrast between the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Laura, you two are just the perfect mix! I love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies...he is certainly my constant- always level headed and peaceful as I am eh, so not! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brian is exactly the perfect husband to balance Angela. But she is also the perfect balance for him. These little boys are so lucky to be coming into this world with the two of you!

    ReplyDelete