Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Grateful

Overall, today's appointment went well. The babies are doing great- weighing 1lb 13 oz and 1 lb 14 oz. Heartbeats of 147 and 150. Their hearts looked great, we got to see each valve up close and they were pumping away.
They also do a screen of their arteries, when the arteries form an x, it means that they are clear for 97% of cardiac abnormalities. Both of the boys had x's!
Harrison still has dialated kidneys and we're still not supposed to worry...
The tech and peri both made a point to express that the boys were rather large (in the penial area). I don't think Bri could have been more proud at that moment! It was a welcome laugh to all the seriousness.
We also learned that baby b is vertex he is sprawled out right across my ribs- which would explain why I only feel movement on the left side- I have 4 little feet over there!

My cervix was at 2.8- which is still normal, there was not much funneling or shortening when pressure was applied, which is great.
They did not repeat the fFn test as they wanted to have 2 weeks between tests. So I will be getting it redone at Monday's appointment.
The peri said she has seen circumstances way worse than mine and is confident in me carrying them longer. She scheduled me out for the next 6 weeks, which feels great!

She also gave me the go ahead to attend my shower this week-end!
They also told us that they believe our boys are identical- it appears they are equally sharing one placenta rather than 2 placentas that fused together...who knows!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment