Wednesday, February 3, 2010

And so it begins...

When you're told you're pregnant with twins, it's usually followed with the notification that a multiple pregnancy is a high-risk pregnancy.
So like any woman I know I went searching for all the possible information I could on multiple pregnancies, preterm labor and premature babies...well let me tell you- it's overwhelming!
The sources I found most helpful were:

When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets or Quads by Dr. Barbara Luke
You Having a Baby by Dr. Oz
Twinspiration by Cheryl Lage

I also spent a lot of time searching on-line and although it was helpful at times it was mainly too much information and rather scary at times!

My pregnancy time line has so far been this:

August 24th: Date of last aunt flo
Sept 9th: Suspected date of conception
Sept 19th: 6 positive pregnancy tests!
7 1/2 weeks pregnant: First OB appointment and first ultrasounds showing two babies!
9 weeks: spotting, went in for check
11 weeks: normal appointment
13 weeks: spotting, went in for check
14 weeks: OB and ultrasound
16 weeks: OB and ultrasound gender guess- 80% boy/girl
(request cervical check - denied)
18 weeks: OB and ultrasound - SURPRISE!!! 2 boys!
(request cervical check- denied again)
(return girl stuff, cry in target parking lot- go to Gymboree- buy way too many cute boy clothes- totally over it!)
20 weeks: Big ultrasound reveals baby b (Harrison) has an enlarged kidney. Nothing too serious everything else looks good.
(request/ demand cervical check- granted for week 22 appt)
Begin weekly physical therapy for ligament pain.
22 weeks: OB appt, ultrasound tech out sick.
23 weeks: ultrasound for cervical check and recheck of kidney
6 pm: Got call cervix was funneling and kidney had improved slightly. Sent to labor and delivery for observation overnight, had cervical check in am- funneling improved but measuring thin at 2.4 cm. Now on bedrest and will be seeing a perinatologist (high-risk ob) every other week, and my OB on the off weeks. I'm upset I didn't demand and do whatever it took to get my cervix checked earlier...but am moving on and focusing on the health of my babies!

Here we are!
My hope for this blog is to share my pregnancy/bed rest experiences. I'm going to do my best to make the most out of my bedrest time.
I'll share crafts, recipes and love letters between my grandparents...


4 comments:

  1. You did it again Ang...You AMAZE me!!! I love everything about this blog. I will read it if you write it! I will pray for you and your boys and know that you can call me at any time, I will listen if all you want to do is cry, or if you want Anna and I to stop over so she can dance for you! We are here for you! hang in there sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the picture. I think this is something positive to do with your down time. I look forward to reading Mom & Dad's letters. Never did finish them all. I'm so happy for you that you have so many wonderful friends watching over you! Your blog can will bring inspiration and comfort for other mothers who are experiencing the same condition! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. visiting from the bump...a fellow MOM...good luck with your bedrest...take care of yourself...

    bumpie hopewill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for reading! I'm looking forward to doing the blog. At first I kept thinking what am I going to write about!?!? Now I can't stop thinking of ideas!

    ReplyDelete